The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office is investigating a string of vehicle burglaries that occurred in Bayou Vista on Cross, Teche, and David Roads between the evening hours Monday and morning hours Tuesday. Deputies responding to the complaints found no signs of forced entry on any of the vehicles. The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office has increased its presence in that area in response to these crimes of opportunity. Residents can also take action to prevent becoming a victim by following these basic tips:
- Park your vehicle in a well lit area if possible.
- Close your windows and lock your vehicle consistently when you arrive home.
- Take your keys. Never leave a second set of keys inside the vehicle.
- Do not leave valuables inside of your vehicle including purses, wallets, loose change and any documents containing your personal information such as mail.
- Report suspicious activity, persons, or vehicles to your local law enforcement agency. Suspicious activity may include looking into vehicles, pulling on the door handles of vehicles, or parking in an unusual location for a prolonged period of time.
If you have been a victim of a vehicle burglary or if you have seen suspicious activity in your area recently, please contact us at 985-384-1622 or 337-828-1960. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com.
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office
Public Information Officer
985-384-1622 Ext. 714