Sheriff Scott Anslum announces that a warrant arrest by the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Section results in an arrest and seizure of drugs, paraphernalia, and counterfeit money.
Crystal Thompson, 40, 333 Egle Street, Morgan City, LA, was arrested on December 3, 2018, at 5:58 pm on the following charges:
- Possession of Schedule II methamphetamine with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of schedule III buprenorphine and naloxone
- Possession of schedule I MDMA/Ecstasy with intent to distribute
- Monetary instrument abuse (counterfeit money)
- Possession of schedule II cocaine
Detectives with the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Section executed a search warrant at a residence on Egle Street in order to locate Crystal Thompson on an active warrant for her arrest. Upon arrival, the detectives made contact with Thompson and advised her of the warrant. Through the investigation, drugs, drug paraphernalia, and counterfeit money were seized. The street amount of the drugs is approximately $3,645. The counterfeit bills were in denominations totaling $830.
Thompson was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. Bail was set at $150,500.
Public Information Officer
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office