Nine people have been arrested and additional arrests are pending in an investigation by detectives of the St. Mary Parish Narcotics Division into illegal drug activity in the area. In early April, narcotics detectives developed information that James Guerin, Jr. was selling methamphetamine (crystal meth) in St. Mary Parish. Detectives obtained a warrant to search Guerin’s residence in Calumet. On April 15, 2015, Guerin fled from authorities into a bayou.
In their investigation into illicit drug sales, detectives gathered evidence that led them to the residence of James Aucoin and Brooke McManus on River Road in Berwick. Detectives obtained a warrant to search the residence and located marijuana, methamphetamine, Halcion pills, Legend Drugs, and $647 in cash believed to be derived from illegal drug sales. Aucoin, McManus, and Tyler Brewer were arrested at the River Road address on April 17, 2015.
During their search for Guerin, narcotics detectives received a tip that he was at a residence on Florence Street in Morgan City. Detectives received consent to search the residence and observed a bag of methamphetamine and a bag of marijuana in the house. Through further investigation, detectives also located Soma pills and items of drug paraphernalia including a scale, a pipe used to smoke methamphetamine, plastic baggies, and rolling papers. Detectives obtained a warrant for resident Brandy L. Fields, for the drug offenses. Fields was arrested on May 6, 2015.
Guerin was apprehended and arrested without incident in Morgan City on April 17, 2015 on a warrant for distribution of Schedule II (methamphetamine) and possession of Schedule I (marijuana) 4th offense among other flight charges. Joni Madison, Guerin’s girlfriend, was also arrested on April 17, 2015 on the charge of obstruction of justice for aiding Guerin in evading authorities.
Continuing the investigation into Guerin’s involvement in illegal drug activity, detectives learned that Guerin conspired with Madison and Jason Cooper to conduct street level sales of a substantial amount of methamphetamine (crystal meth) in St. Mary Parish. On Monday, May 4, 2015 narcotics detectives along with members of the Morgan City Police Department Narcotics Division executed a search warrant at Cooper’s residence in Berwick and located several bags of methamphetamine.
Also, detectives collected evidence that Guerin conspired with Madison and John Buck, Jr. to smuggle tobacco, rolling papers, lighters, mobile phones, and mobile phone chargers into the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center in Centerville where Guerin is incarcerated. Detectives with the Narcotics and Criminal Investigation Divisions set up surveillance near the corrections facility and intercepted a package delivered by Madison and Buck. Detectives retrieved the package, found the contraband items, and obtained warrants for their arrest.
The most recent arrests and charges in this month long investigation are as follows:
- James Guerin, Jr., 36, 5328 Highway 182 in Calumet, LA is additionally charged on a warrant for the charges of conspiracy to distribute over 28 grams of methamphetamine and 2 counts of attempting to introduce contraband into a penal institution. The additional charges were filed on May 5, 2015. Guerin remains incarcerated.
- Joni L. Madison, 34, 5328 Highway 182 in Calumet, LA was arrested on May 5, 2015 at 6:04 pm on a warrant for two counts of attempting to introduce contraband into a penal institution. Madison was located at a residence on Sixth Street in Morgan City on the warrant and transported to the parish jail for booking. Bail is set at $50,000.
- John Buck, Jr., 28, 266 Ricohoc Drive, Ricohoc, LA was arrested on May 5, 2015 at 5:34 pm on a warrant for 2 counts of attempting to introduce contraband into a penal institution. Buck was released after posting a $10,000 bond.
- Brandy L. Fields, 34, 1010 Florence Street, Morgan City, LA was arrested on May 6, 2015 at 3:12 pm on a warrant for the following offenses:
- Possession of Schedule II (methamphetamine)
- Possession of Schedule I (marijuana)
- Possession of Schedule II (Soma)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Fields was transported to the parish jail for booking, No bail is set.
Also arrested in connection with the month long investigation was Jordon Bourque. Bourque was arrested on drug charges following a traffic stop on April 15, 2015. Detectives believe the methamphetamine found in his possession is connected to Guerin.
More arrests are pending.
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office
Public Information Officer
985-384-1622 Ext. 714