According to St. Mary Parish Sheriff Mark Hebert, over the last 24 hour reporting period, the Sheriff’s Office responded to 38 complaints and reports the following arrests:
Cody White, 22, 2323 River Road, Berwick, LA was arrested on September 21, 2015 at 6:24 am on a warrant for failure to appear on the charge of simple battery. A deputy assisting Berwick Police with a complaint made contact with White at his residence and located the active warrant for his arrest. No bail is set.
Brandon Gaudet, 25, 1683 Highway 317, Centerville, LA was arrested on September 21, 2015 at 8:55 am for the following offenses:
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and abuse of toxic vapors
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charges of hit and run driving, driving under suspension, expired inspection sticker, expired vehicle license, failure to stop, no insurance, and careless operation of a vehicle
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charges of operating a vehicle with a suspended license and operating a vehicle with an unlit license plate
- Warrant for failure to appear on the charge of criminal neglect of family
Gaudet turned himself in at the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office in Franklin. Bail is set at $45,998.94.
Bricelon L. Martin, 19, 2018 Chitimacha Trail, Charenton, LA was arrested on September 21, 2015 at 11:30 am for criminal trespass and theft. A deputy investigating the theft of a bicycle positively identified Martin as the subject who took the victim’s bike that was parked beneath a carport. The deputy located Martin on School House Road with the bicycle that had been reported stolen. While speaking with the deputy, Martin admitted to taking the property. The deputy transported Martin to the parish jail for booking. Bail is set at $2,000. The bike was returned to its owner.
Ryan A. Billiot, 34, 101 Teche Road, Bayou Vista, LA was additionally charged on a warrant for hit and run driving on September 21, 2015 at 12:40 pm. A deputy investigating a hit and run crash identified Billiot as the subject who backed into another vehicle and then left the scene. The crash occurred at a business on Highway 90 in Bayou Vista. The deputy obtained a warrant for his arrest. Billiot was already incarcerated at the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center when the charges were filed. No bail is set.
Wayne W. Green, Jr., 19, 115 Fortier Lane, Jeanerette, LA was arrested on September 21, 2015 at 5:36 pm for burglary of an inhabited dwelling, theft (over $500), and criminal damage to property. A deputy responded to a report of a burglary in progress at a residence on Pepper Road in Jeanerette. Upon arrival, the deputy learned that the victims, a family of three, returned home and located an intruder inside. The burglar had broken a window to gain access to the residence. The suspect then fled from the area. Deputies requested the assistance of the Jeanerette City Marshall’s Office K-9 unit who tracked the suspect to an apartment complex on Canal Street in Jeanerette. Deputies then located the suspect, identified as Green, who was wearing clothing and jewelry that was reported stolen from the residence. Following the investigation, deputies transported Green to the parish jail for booking. No bail is set.
Edwin Fonseca, 26, 706 Duval Street Apt. #4, Amelia, LA was arrested on September 21, 2015 at 9:41 pm for the following offenses:
- Warrant for criminal damage to property
- Warrant from Terrebonne Parish for failure to appear on the charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and violating the general speed la
- Warrant from Terrebonne Parish for failure to appear on the charges of operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol 2nd offense
A deputy received information that Fonseca was living at a new address and located him at the residence on Duval Street on the warrants. No bail is set.
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office
Public Information Officer
985-384-1622 Ext. 714