The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Civic Section will stop collecting checks for taxes on May 4, 2018 prior to the tax sale on June 5, 2018.
IMPORTANT DATES AND FEES:
The total amount of your property tax notice is due now and becomes delinquent after DECEMBER 31, 2017 with interest bearing at the rate of 1% per month (12% per annum).
- May 1, 2018 – Fees for certified mail and interested party notice plus cost of bankruptcy research and Louisiana Tax Commission change order
- May 14, 2018 – Fee for publication #2 in official journal $45
- June 1, 2018 – Fees for online tax sale costs, filing costs, and notices $166
- June 5, 2018 – TAX SALE STARTS AT 8:00 AM AND ENDS AT 8:00 PM
To ensure timely receipt of payment use any of the following methods:
- Mail (check or money order) to St. Mary Parish Sheriff, P.O. Box 610, Patterson, LA 70392-0610
- Online with a credit card at http://snstaxpayments.com/stmary
- In person (cash, check, money order, or credit card) at the St. Mary Parish Courthouse, 4th Floor, Sheriff’s Office or in person (*CREDIT CARDS NOT ACCEPTED*) at the Morgan City Branch Office located at 1455 Railroad Avenue.
Please make your check payable to ST. MARY PARISH SHERIFF and include your assessment number(s) on the check.
The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Tax Department can be reached at 337-828-6979 or 985-384-1622. Questions concerning property tax assessments should be directed to the St. Mary Parish Assessor’s Office.
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office
Public Information Office