The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office is currently conducting a search for 4 inmates who escaped from the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center. They are, William Deans, 39, Jamie Scarbrough, 28, Tanner Scarbrough, 18, and Elias Todd, 24.
The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office has issued a BOLO (be on the lookout) to neighboring law enforcement agencies. The parish one call notification system has been activated and the inmates have been listed as escaped with the National Crime Information Center.
The inmates were being held on the following charges:
- W. Deans - domestic abuse by strangulation.
- J. Scarbrough - illegal possession of stolen things, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and possession of marijuana.
- T. Scarbrough - illegal possession of a stolen firearm and possession of a firearm with an obliterated number.
- E. Todd - theft of a motor vehicle, possession of drug paraphernalia, obstruction of justice, theft, and criminal damage to property.
A physical description of the inmates are as follows:
- W. Deans, white male, 5'6, weighing 160 pounds.
- J. Scarbrough, white male, 5’9, weighing 150 pounds, and has tattoos on neck and facial area.
- T. Scarbrough, white male, 5’11, weighing 150 pounds.
- E. Todd, white male, 5’8, weighing 170 pounds, and has tattoos on neck and facial area; specifically, the number “33” on his forehead.
The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office and other agencies are searching the area. If you see an influx of law enforcement, please step inside and keep your doors locked. If you see any suspicious activities or suspects that fit this description in your area call 911 immediately. The circumstances of their escape are currently under active investigation.
No details are being released at this time.
Additional deputies will be working to patrol the area.
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office