Traffic Stop Yields Arrest, Drugs Seized
St. Mary Parish Sheriff Scott Anslum Announces Arrest and Drug Seizure
Sheriff Scott Anslum announces that on Friday, November 9, 2018, deputies with the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop in Amelia resulting in the arrest of Christopher Prince and the seizure of crack cocaine, powdered cocaine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and cash.
Christopher Prince, 41, 5346 North Bayou Black Drive, Gibson, LA, was arrested on November 9, 2018, at 11:32 pm on the following charges:
- possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- possession of schedule II (powdered cocaine) with intent to distribute
- possession of schedule II (crack cocaine) with intent to distribute
- possession of legend drug without prescription (viagra)
- possession of drug paraphernalia
- transactions involving drug proceeds
- improper lane usage
- resisting an officer
Deputies with the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office observed a vehicle cross over the fog line and the center line on highway 182 in Amelia. The deputies conducted a traffic stop and made contact with the driver, Prince. During the investigation, K9 officer Buddy showed an odor response on the vehicle. The deputies found 2.5 grams of powdered cocaine, 37 rocks of crack cocaine, 76 grams of marijuana, a viagra pill, and a digital scale. Additionally, $1,491 USD cash was seized pending forfeiture.
Prince was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. Prince was released on a $15,000 bond.
Public Information Officer
St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office