Arrest Report- October 20, 2022
St. Mary Parish Sheriff Blaise Smith advises that over the last 24-hour reporting period, the Sheriff's Office responded to 24 complaints and reports the following arrests:
Juvenile Male, 14, Patterson, LA, was arrested on October 19, 2022, at 7:48 am on three warrants for battery-simple. The juvenile male was released into the custody of a guardian pending juvenile court proceedings.
Claudell Ramagos Jr., 39, Schriever, LA, was arrested on October 19, 2022, at 11:44 am on two warrants for failure to appear on the following charges:
- Possession of schedule I (heroin)
- Failure to stop/yield at stop sign
- No seat belt
- Possession of marijuana
Bail was set at $8,000.
Joseph Daniels Jr., 25, Franklin, LA, was arrested on October 20, 2022, at 6:54 am on the following charges:
- Possession of schedule I (marijuana) with intent to distribute
- Possession of schedule I (heroin) with intent to distribute
- Possession of schedule II (methamphetamine) with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Transactions involving drug proceeds
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a CDS
- Possession of firearm or carrying concealed weapon by a person convicted of certain felonies
- Violation of uniform CDS law, drug-free zone
Daniels also held an active Franklin P.D. warrant on the following charges:
- Possession of firearm or carrying concealed weapon by persons convicted of certain felonies
- Aggravated assault
- Disturbing the peace
On October 20, 2022, detectives with the SMPSO Narcotics Section executed a search warrant on a residence on Samuel Street in Franklin, the residence of Daniels due to methamphetamine sales conducted from the residence.
During the search, detectives located heroin, marijuana, and methamphetamine. Numerous bags of drugs that appeared to be prepackaged for sale were located along with a gun and drug paraphernalia.
Daniels was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. Bail has not been set at this time.
Detectives would like to express their appreciation to the Morgan City Police Department for their assistance in this case.
All persons arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Public Information Officer
St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office